Saturday, June 18, 2011

Ricky went on a great adventure

Loaded securities and trust, Ricky Rubio debut in the NBA just turned 21 in late October, provided they do not put the lockout next season.

The Spanish base wear the jersey number 9 of the Minnesota Timberwolves after completing his short but intense period of two seasons with Barcelona.She went to the NBA after winning every title possible, except Olympic gold, though, at 17, is the youngest Olympic medalist in basketball history and the final of Beijing 2008 against the United States, fighting against copper Jason Kidd, Chris Paul and Deron Williams reinforced the interest of the NBA for him.

"I decided to go to the NBA. It was an illusion, a dream and finally I could make it," said Ricky.Spanish will be the tenth that manages to play in the best league in the world, "had it right since I came to Barcelona, two years ago. Although it cost me decide, finally, I gave up."The base of El Masnou young pay the Catalan club provided one million euros to dissociate themselves from their contract and signed for two years plus two optional Minnesota, the franchise that selected him in fifth place in the draft 2009.Its official launch is scheduled for next week.

The Timberwolves last season were the worst team in the NBA with 17 wins and 65 defeats and coach Kurtis Rambis is a tightrope.The team played the final of the Western Conference in 2004.Since then it has less, more and more away from the playoffs .However, it has one of the most promising pivots, Kevin Love, and an equally forward-quality young, Michael Beasley, besides having the second choice of the draft, which takes place next week.Luke Ridnour and Jonny Flynn, in principle, the basis to compete with Ricky to get through."I think I'm ready. I could continue to grow here, but I'm going to play against the best and succeed. That's what motivates me more," he said.

Given the impending adventure in the NBA, Ricky, who in 2005 became 14 years and 11 months the youngest player in the history of the CBA, said: "When you decide to take a major leap, of course you're afraid. I never out of Barcelona. But you play where you play, basketball is to get baskets and help your team win. It is an extraordinary adventure. If you try, you never know the outcome. "

Ricky admitted the downturn in performance in the just-concluded season, which has averaged six points and 26% scores in the triple, "Maybe not my best year, but this is a team sport and how important has I've been able to help the team. We managed to win titles and go with the last thing I needed the League. "

Ricky suspect you have to do more weights to gain muscle and power and to better adapt to the style of play, more physical in the NBA: "Seen as a spectator, I was attracted to it because you can run, which is one of my virtues, and play in the open. "Downplayed the possibility that there is a lockout: "I have spoken with many people and, if it occurs, do not believe it for long. I take the opportunity to prepare better."

Barcelona, said his manager, Joan Creus, reserves a preferential right over the player when you decide to return to Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment