Friday, June 17, 2011

Controversial first person Russian Red

Lourdes Hernandez, better known as Russian Red, a lively controversy has caused media to admit to a fashion magazine that she favors the right-wing ideology. Today EP3 publishes article which includes reactions of various colleagues. The very Russian Red, Enrique Bunbury, Nacho Vegas, Andrés Calamaro y Manolo Martínez (Astrud) expands on this issue below and more general, such as political haunts the music industry, if the right artists for not disturb quiet or how it influences personal political stance when making songs.

RUSSIAN RED

The statement in Marie Claire magazine that preferred the right to the left became the third news Most read La Razon and the first of the web Jenesaispop. Are you surprised this commotion on the net? What conclusions do you get this little controversy?

In Jenesaispop anything you say or do is criticized with great cruelty, from the commenters, not from the publishers. Lo Reason I find most interesting. But frankly, if at first this scared me a little matter, as has come to me. I received a lot of aggression and disrespect since I is escuetísima statement and the conclusion I draw from this is that there is a totalitarización of public opinion that little closer to the ideals of a progressive society.

Would you say your political views play a large or small in your lyrics?
It seems obvious total lack of political content in my music, I have never been nor will be, a writer committed to no other cause than that of making songs that come strictly from an intimate and true, so far from this. The only hint of morality that appears in my songs is the importance in my life relationships.

What attracts you more of the conservative idea: their economic concerns and family values?
The right number of things attract me, but I feel the need to tell you why or justify to the world about it, because do not affect my music or my way of relating to people in particular, which is why I'm here answering this interview. Obviously, one's political views affect their understanding of society, representing a balance between what is ideal and what is practical.

If I were to spend the survey Marie Claire ¿Answer them again in the same way?
Given that the question was "Right or left?" answer the same. It seems absurd to have to justify myself and think about other words that hurt many sensitivities. My thinking is more traditional, is closer to the right, but I do not feel fully represented by any political party in Spain, a country that no longer exists neither right nor left as such.

Any other comments you want to add more than welcome.
In my statement there was not any kind of opportunism is no intention to vote. It seems ridiculous that a stir, especially when this same newspaper I granted an interview coming in to say that political change would not help a deeply rooted crisis like ours because everything that is forged over a long period of time, as is the case with our current political and economic situation, can not be solved with something as immediate as the change in power. Of course, it is now Marie Claire is the most widely read newspaper in Spain. 

ENRIQUE BUNBURY

A few days ago the singer indie Red Russian is declared right-wing magazine Marie Claire and that statement became the third most-watched news Reason and the first music on the web Jenesaispop. What about the reaction of readers?

ReasonOr comments from the Internet in general. I guess I would put questions because the broth. Politics in Spain and other countries bipartisan always controversial. In particular, I consider outdated and inelegant therefore be left, and right. Before the International Monetary Fund are all equal, or nothing.

Do you think today in Spain declared supporter of either option can help or hurt political careers in music?

Of course it's harmful, but for health. The world we live in has more important issues that the bickering to which want us to play the real planetary interests. While we fight for if we Rajoy or Rubalcaba we are getting into the top corner goals.  

Occasionally we hear talks backstage stating that Spanish pop is usually between apolitical and right. To what extent do you agree with this statement?

I know many Spanish pop musicians. I do not care much if Nena or vote for La Quinta Estación Convergence or UPyD. In general, the Rock was always left. But neither is a quality that denotes a higher intelligence or sensitivity. I tell you they are the same dog with different collar.  

Are there instances of musicians who are right but are afraid to speak in public?

Honestly, no. But I know right-wing non-musicians. And there are wonderful people here and there, but vote for parties that get us into the mess in which we operate. If being a good person is independent of your political nonsense, too, being a good musician does not have to identify with a particular line of thought.  

What about your political views explicit in a song? Is it necessary, optional, inevitable?

I think the media and political parties have confronted the people with the puppeteers, despising them, knowing that a song, a movie or a poem is much more powerful than that, surely, would like.  

Any other comments you think appropriate to this matter is welcome.

I like the new single Russian Red, listen to their album in the coming hours

No comments:

Post a Comment